Friday, October 09, 2015

Review: SICARIO


Encounter with the brave ones


4 stars


Mini Review:

You've seen many movies with encounter cops. But not like this one. This is perhaps one of the most jaw-droppingly awesome movies about guns, and drugs and the ethics of encounter...

Main Review:

It is very easy to write the review of a bad film. When it comes to telling the story of a war on drugs that is swept under the blanket and carries with it a 'plausible deniability' clause, and telling it well, the review is hardest to write.

The opening scene is so visceral, you can actually smell the smells the SWAT team does. And you are immediately offered to take sides. You too, like the heroine, volunteer to do what she does. And...

The truth is laid bare and you discover that the somewhere between what is right and what is wrong is where the director leaves you. You see it from both sides of the border...

I never thought a story about encounter cops could be at once so human and so kill-or-be-killed

I never thought I could feel suffocated in the tunnel when watching a movie.

I never thought someone carrying a water canister could be sinister.

I never thought I could hate Benecio del Toro and still love him.

I never thought a movie like this would affect my so deeply. 

Watch it.    

No comments: