Friday, July 03, 2015

Review: Pitch Perfect 2


Sexy Naughty Bitchy Gals 

2 and 1/2 Stars

Mini Review:

The songs are fun, the situations funnier. The girls are naughty, the situations are naughtier, the competition is bitchy, the podcasters, bitchier. Overall a fun watch with your gal pals!

Main Review:

It's a date movie with your gal pals, and although the situations are 'stock' and the answers to problems are perky and pat but you start singing along, 'Apple bottom jeans...boots with the fur...something something something... and shawty got low, low, low, low, low...'

Speaking of low, the funnest part of the film are the two podcasters. They're bitchier than anything I've seen in a long time. Am surprised some of the comments went past the idiotic censor board that believes in muting curse words even though the certification is 'Adult'. But so glad that they missed on the word play. Otherwise the movie would have lost its bootyliciousness...

And when you think about the censor board you are singing with the bellas, 'I don't think you're ready for this jelly...Baby can you handle this...'

See, you're singing too, no? I was happily humming Hanson lyrics and it's a good thing the movies are seen in the relative darkness of the theater or my friends would be laughing me out of me skin...

It always bothers me when large people are made the butt of jokes and tights ripping in public is not funny at all. And it is a tad off putting but you must admire Fat Amy's limber skills. Physical comedy is not easy, so credit does go to her...

'Many times I've tried to tell you...Many times I've cried alone...Maybe I wouldn't know what to do with my strength any way...'

Let me stop singing for a minute and tell you that there are many girly things you want to barf at - pillow fights and campfire singing (with marshmallows none of the girls eat) - but you don't because it's all very earnest. They're trying so hard to be normal...

But it's Friday night and you don't care, and you sing along with Montell Jordan, 'This is how we do it!'

This is a happy, feel-good, gal pal, singalong movie... As they say in the 'hood: Paisa Vasool!


No comments: