Sunday, March 09, 2008

love poem 1


my fingers ache to soothe
the flyaway hair on your neck,
and when you reassure me
we’re not speeding,
i simply close my eyes,
and let the bike embrace the wind.
you never read a map,
and i always know the way,
but this time i let you guide me
to download love songs off the net.
smitten with him? you ask.
i want to say, yes moron, with you.
but i laugh and let it be.
not yet, not yet. my fingers are crossed
let me enjoy this for a bit longer
it’s my moment. don’t want to give happiness
some one else’s address.
i’m collecting pictures for later,
i explain on gtalk.
magic seeds i plant now for later,
when you’re mature and i've learnt to feel
instead of thinking so much.
i stab at the keyboard to reach you
hope you will walk to me
just as i picture you walking to meet me.
and then watch me exhale.

No comments: